- Berries are rich in vitamin C and K, rich in fibre, magnesium, and potassium and are prebiotics which is good for your digestive system
- Leafy greens are full of vitamins and minerals, they are also a rich source of phytonutrients. This means that they are rich in nutrients to boost your immunity.
- it is recommended that we eat a rainbow every day to ensure that we have the complete range of vitamins and minerals to feed our body.
- If you eat meat, oily fish is extremely rich in omega 3. Turkey has vitamins B6, B12, and niacin, and choline, very important nutrients for your brain function
- If you are a vegetarian or vegan, nuts and seeds contain nutrient-rich vitamins. B12 is very tricky to include in your diet, it is recommended to take a supplement.
- Get outside every day in the daylight, you will be absorbing vitamin D which is believed to help with SAD.
- Make sure you are active. Your lymph is pumped around your body by movement and breathing so get moving, go for a walk, dance, garden, cycle. The more you move the better your lymphatic system will be. After dancing, you always feel uplifted so shimmy to the kettle every day!
- Body brushing, dry before your shower really helps to improve your circulation and exfoliates at the same time. Always brush lightly towards your heart. Have you seen Helpmeorganics Wellness Therapy Gift Boxes
- Tibetan Head Acupressure Massage – We can begin the natural sinus draining process by using specialized facial acupressure massage and soothe and calm head pressure. We begin the treatment with a back massage to ease tense back muscles, then you will enjoy a shoulder, neck, face, and scalp acupressure massage then its off to your feet for Reflexology Lymph Drainage. By working on various reflex points on your feet, we can unblock your ears, decongest your sinuses and calm your headache.
- Reflexology Lymph Drainage – your lymph is pumped around your body by movement and breath, by working on specialised lymph reflex points, we can unblock your lymph so that all toxins can drain unhindered.
- Olive oil helps to loosen and dissolve ear wax, you can buy olive oil ear drops which also include bicarb of soda, which clears wax build-up.
- we suggest dropping 2 drops of olive oil each week. You would be amazed how much shampoo and conditioner stay in your ears, irritating the walls of the ear. This is beneficial if you struggle with eczema and psoriasis.
- make sure you drink plenty of water, if you are dehydrated, your ears will be dry too
- Having a warmer shower and taking deep breaths through your nose can help to unblock your nose.
- Using essential oils around the home, we suggest Helpmeorganics “help me, I’m feeling under the weather” essential oil blend
- Singing and chewing all mobilise the jaw, so if you struggle with tension in your jaw which causes sinus issues, try singing regularly. Sounds a mad idea, but it is effective.
With the weather turning colder, much colder, your immune system can become weaker and more prone to viruses but follow our tips to help boost your body and calm your mind so you can enjoy everything winter has to offer.
By using antibacterial essential oils within your home and workplace, you are creating a healthy barrier against winter’s cold viruses. Eating certain foods also helps
During the winter our mood can lower due to the shorter days and longer nights, there are many actions you can take to improve this
Therapy wise, we have carefully selected special offers to help you through winter. The December offer is the Hot Stone Massage with Reflexology, this is the queen of all massages and will warm your muscles deep down to relieve tension. The gentle flow of the hot batu stones, aromatic massage oils, and reflexology will give you the boost you need.
We also recommend reflexology lymph drainage to help decongest your sinuses, why not combine this with a back, neck, face, and scalp massage or the Tibetan Acupressure Head Massage?
Finally, Winter is a wonderful season, and Christmas is celebrated on the 25th of December. It is a wonderful time of year, full of fun but also very busy and stressful. Please take your time to enjoy the lights, scents, and family time, don’t rush about trying to be perfect.
We work very hard to keep our prices down but there will be a price increase on January 1st, 2023. New price lists will be available in the shop and will be online on the 1st Jan 2023
Thank you for your support this year, I have been very touched by how many customers I see on a regular basis. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2023.
Additional Christmas Opening Times
Simply Relaxing Christmas 2022
We are taking Christmas bookings now and suggest you book your appointments up to Christmas as it is already becoming very busy, especially for evening appointments.
The special offer for December is the ever-popular Hot Stone Massage which, this year, comes with a session of reflexology to complete the deep relaxation.
We only open on a Saturday on the three weekends running up to Christmas. The dates are:
Saturday 3rd December 10 am until 1 pm
Saturday 10th December 10 am until 1 pm
Saturday 17th December 10 am until 1 pm
We will be open as usual on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 10 am until 8 pm
We will be open on Wednesday 21st December from 10 am until 3 pm
On Christmas Eve, we will be open from 9 am until 3 pm
Simply Relaxing will be closed until Thursday 29th & Friday 30th December from 10 am until 1 pm
More details will follow but I wanted to let you know the dates so you could plan your treat and relaxation time.
We will reopen in 2023 on Tuesday 3rd January at our normal opening times.
Don’t forget we offer a local free delivery service for gifts and products ordered online. Please go to https://www.helpmeorganics.com/shop to order your gifts. We also offer a gift wrapping service too
How to clear sinus pressure naturally
Due to an eye issue, ear candle therapy and sinus massage have been removed from our therapy list recently. There are many ways you can relieve sinus pressure and ear wax build up, here are our tips;
There are so many ways to clear wax build up at home, here are our tips;
I hope the above ideas help and thank you for understanding.
How to enjoy the hot summer weather
With another heatwave arriving this week, I am aware that not everyone enjoys the warmer weather, here are a few tips to help.
HOW TO STAY COOL
It’s really important to keep your home as cool as possible. I am often asked how I keep the salon cool. Its taken me 27 years to work out that if I keep the door into the shop open in the morning to remove the heat from the sun hitting the shop window, then keep the door into the treatment room closed all day, the blackout blinds keep the salon cool.
At home, you could do the same, if the sun is on the front of the house in the morning, open the windows at the back to welcome in the cool morning air, then when the sun moves to the back, close the windows, blinds and doors into the bedrooms closed This should help to keep the temperature cool.
Before you leave for work, place a damp towel in the fridge so that when you return all hot and bothered, you can place the cold towel on your legs and feet, this will help to cool you down instantly. Make sure to place a jug of water in the fridge too, a long cooling drink will be wonderful.
It’s often the evening we all struggle with, light bedding will help as well as having a fan on, although sometimes, it does seem that only warm air is circulating. Hopefully, your bedrooms have stayed cool during the day so that you can get to sleep before you feel hot. Cotton bedding is best.
HOW TO REDUCE SWOLLEN LEGS AND FEET
Hot weather can make your legs and feet swell, making them really uncomfortable. Use the cold towel method as before to help. Drink plenty of water, it’s a misconception that any water you drink will make lymphedema worse, in fact, if you can flush through with more fluids, sometimes it can help.
Watermelon is known to be a powerful lymph cleanser, is 90% water, and includes electrolytes such as potassium, it is a healthy choice if you struggle with swollen legs and feet. As is pineapple which contains an enzyme, bromelain, which triggers the body to reduce swelling.
Soak your feet in an Epsom salt foot bath, try a coolish water temperature and relax. Then elevate your legs so that the circulation in your legs can work better. There is a yoga pose, legs up the wall, which is highly effective at clearing excess fluid, if you suffer from any medical condition, please read carefully before doing it.
Being active is really good at stimulating your circulation and lymphatic drainage. Your lymph is pumped around your body by your breath and movement so it is vital to keep moving.
You can dry hand brush your legs in an upwards direction to, again, stimulate the lymphatic flow.
If you don’t have to go to work, consider an early rise, siesta in the afternoon and then go out again later on when its cooler.
How to help animals and wildlife
The hot weather is a real issue for pets. Imagine being a rabbit, with a thick hairy coat, stuck in a hutch without any option to move. Place a water bottle, nearly filled with water, in the freezer. Then in the morning before you leave for work, place the bottle in the hutch. The coolness will last all day. Make sure the hutch is out of direct sunlight and in the shade if possible, I saw a wonderful post about walking your dogs in the heat. They said that people should walk barefooted whilst wearing a fur coat to fully understand that dogs should not be walked on hot pavements. Im sure they will be happy lying on the cool kitchen floor than being walked in the sunshine. Don’t leave your cats out during the day, they won’t enjoy the heat.
Our wildlife is in trouble and needs all the help we can give them. Please leave fresh bowls of water front and back of your property, some shallow for hedgehogs, and some with pebbles in for insects. Find a shady place to keep the water cool. Try and plant hedges in your garden. Do you remember how lovely and cool it is to sit under a tree in the hot sun, your garden needs lots of trees, hedges, and shrubs for all the birds, mammals, and insects to take shelter from the hot sun. Consider a pond too for our frogs and newt friends. I read somewhere that if every garden in the UK had trees, shrubs and a native hedge, we would have so many more birds, mammals and insects and be cooler too. Did you know that if you let your lawn grow a little longer, the moisture will remain in the soil making it cooler for insects and invertebrates.
TREATMENTS TO HELP WITH SWOLLEN LEGS
Reflexology Lymph Drainage really helps to clear toxins, and stimulate your lymphatic flow, resulting in less swollen feet and legs. Lymphatic Drainage Massage is a full body treatment targeting the lymph nodes, if you struggle with lymphedema, I would recommend having a regular massage.
Thankfully heat waves are not continual in this country so far, scarily they may happen more but not this year. We may have to change the way we live to allow for the change in temperature but its a choice we can make. If we continue as we are, as a planet, we will face hotter summers which will cause many bigger problems for future generations. It’s time to put pressure on big greedy corporate companies, our MPs, and central government to end fossil fuels and bring in mandatory renewable energy ie solar, wind, and water. I know what I am prepared to do.
I hope the tips will help you.
We will no longer be able to issue Gift Vouchers, however, you can pay for someone special to have a treatment, but they have to be booked in at the time of purchase.
Have you seen our NEW Wellness Therapies?
I have been a therapist for many years, recently i have noticed that a lot of achy muscles are because you are feeling stressed, anxious and emotionally exhausted. I wanted to help so for the past few years I have been studying to become a Mindfulness, EFT and Meditation practitioner. I have been a Reiki Master for a very long time and want to combine all these wonderful therapies to help you feel calm and re-learn how to use the power of the breath to release tension so you can enjoy being present every day.
Mothers Day Gift Ideas
Mothers Day is Sunday 27th March, are you struggling to decide how to make a big fuss of your Mum, Nan, Wife , StepMum and all the other maternal people who you love? Dont worry, pop in and buy a gift voucher, while you are in our shop, add a Helpmeorganics Gift Box too!