With the weather turning colder, much colder, your immune system can become weaker and more prone to viruses but follow our tips to help boost your body and calm your mind so you can enjoy everything winter has to offer.
By using antibacterial essential oils within your home and workplace, you are creating a healthy barrier against winter’s cold viruses. Eating certain foods also helps
- Berries are rich in vitamin C and K, rich in fibre, magnesium, and potassium and are prebiotics which is good for your digestive system
- Leafy greens are full of vitamins and minerals, they are also a rich source of phytonutrients. This means that they are rich in nutrients to boost your immunity.
- it is recommended that we eat a rainbow every day to ensure that we have the complete range of vitamins and minerals to feed our body.
- If you eat meat, oily fish is extremely rich in omega 3. Turkey has vitamins B6, B12, and niacin, and choline, very important nutrients for your brain function
- If you are a vegetarian or vegan, nuts and seeds contain nutrient-rich vitamins. B12 is very tricky to include in your diet, it is recommended to take a supplement.
During the winter our mood can lower due to the shorter days and longer nights, there are many actions you can take to improve this
- Get outside every day in the daylight, you will be absorbing vitamin D which is believed to help with SAD.
- Make sure you are active. Your lymph is pumped around your body by movement and breathing so get moving, go for a walk, dance, garden, cycle. The more you move the better your lymphatic system will be. After dancing, you always feel uplifted so shimmy to the kettle every day!
- Body brushing, dry before your shower really helps to improve your circulation and exfoliates at the same time. Always brush lightly towards your heart. Have you seen Helpmeorganics Wellness Therapy Gift Boxes
Therapy wise, we have carefully selected special offers to help you through winter. The December offer is the Hot Stone Massage with Reflexology, this is the queen of all massages and will warm your muscles deep down to relieve tension. The gentle flow of the hot batu stones, aromatic massage oils, and reflexology will give you the boost you need.
We also recommend reflexology lymph drainage to help decongest your sinuses, why not combine this with a back, neck, face, and scalp massage or the Tibetan Acupressure Head Massage?
Finally, Winter is a wonderful season, and Christmas is celebrated on the 25th of December. It is a wonderful time of year, full of fun but also very busy and stressful. Please take your time to enjoy the lights, scents, and family time, don’t rush about trying to be perfect.
We work very hard to keep our prices down but there will be a price increase on January 1st, 2023. New price lists will be available in the shop and will be online on the 1st Jan 2023
Thank you for your support this year, I have been very touched by how many customers I see on a regular basis. I wish you a Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2023.