- “Have you been in contact with anyone showing symptoms of Covid-19?”
- “Are you showing any symptoms of Covid-19?”
- I have removed all soft furnishings as they can harbour the virus, I have replaced them with “wipeable” chairs/tables
- I have removed the gowns
- I have replaced the hand towels with paper towels in the WC and again added a further hand sanitizer “no contact” dispenser along with a “no contact” soap dispenser
- There is a diffuser in the shop pumping out an antibacterial blend between appointments
- After every client, the premises are closed for cleaning and ventilation
- I will wear both a visor and face mask
- All products in the shop are in clear boxes, please do not open the boxes yourself, as this will mean a possible contamination
- I have to take personal contact and health information for the purposes of the NHS Test and Trace only. After 21 days, this information is shredded.
- I will NOT use this information for marketing purposes and will NOT share it with anyone without your consent
- If there is an occasion when I am asked by NHS Test and Trace for information regarding clients for a particular day, I will first ask you for your permission and also to make you aware that they will be in touch.
- By arranging an appointment, you are confirming that you are happy with the precautions put in place and that all the information given is correct.
- Please pay by debit/credit card. I am unable to accept cash
- I am also unable to print a card receipt, however my machine can send you a receipt via text or email which can be arranged whilst you are in the shop.
- Please make sure you drink water
- Spend time relaxing
- If you begin to show symptoms of Covid-19 within 7 days, I need to know
- Look forward to your next visit to Simply Relaxing
- Tell your friends how lovely, safe and professional we are!!
- Back neck and shoulder massage
- Full Body massage
- Holistic Facial
- Begins with a full body massage
- Holistic Facial
We have been told that we can restart Facial treatments, Hopi Ear Candles and Sinus Massage from August 1st 2020, if you would like to book in please let me know.
If you are nervous about coming for a treatment, I have answered some questions to help;
We have been able to reopen but with strict guidelines:
What do I have to do before my appointment:
I will contact you the day before you are due to come to ask 2 health questions:
You need to reply yes/no. If YES, we may need to move your appointment forward 7 days to be safe, if NO, then brilliant I will look forward to seeing you the next day.
Please do not bring any food/drink with you for your treatment, I am unable to give you water so maybe have a drink before you leave you car.
Please do not bring anyone with you as there are no chairs in reception.
Please do arrive on time, if you have a problem, contact me
What happens when I arrive?
On arrival, I will take your temperature and note it, then ask for a contact number for NHS Test and Trace service. After you have applied hand sanitizer, I will take you through to the salon for you to enjoy your treatment.
Do I have to wear a mask?
It is good practise to wear a facial mask to come to the salon however I would suggest removing it for your treatment for comfort reasons. I will be wearing a visor and mask. If you would like to wear your mask for your treatment, this is perfectly fine too.
What precautions are in place?
What happens to the information taken on my arrival?
What happens when I pay for my treatment?
I would like to buy a gift voucher?
At the moment, I am not able to sell gift vouchers, I will reassess this from time to time and will reintroduce vouchers when advised to do so. The guidelines state that I cannot issue any paper items, vouchers, receipts, price lists and appointment cards.
How will I make a note of my next appointment?
I will text, email or facebook message you with your next appointment
What is the aftercare following my treatment?
July Special Offer
Summer Special Offer
As you may well of heard, beauty & Holistic salons are not included with the businesses on July 4th. I find this ridiculous and insulting but thats how it is. The government has shown an ignorance to what Holistic therapy is, if you are missing your treatment, it would be lovely for you to write to our MP, Mr Timpson. I have!
I have taken this time to complete my level 3 teacher training and intend to study for my level 4. I have also completed a course on Health & Safety Covid-19 which has given me lots of things to do in the salon. It will look very clinical which is not how I want things but right now, I will do everything to get Simply Relaxing open for you to come back for much needed therapy.
I will give you more information as soon as I receive a firm date by the FHT and Im sorry its taking so long. I remember saying to a customer how lovely 2020 sounds, my goodness we will not forget this year quickly. I hope everybody is managing to stay healthy, I will get back to my daily tips but the news last week knocked me a little but Im back on form again!!!
July is a lovely month to get outside, its exactly half way through the year and the days are longer and lighter, the perfect time to go for a walk or potter in your garden. The bees are busy and you all know I say to plant different plants for bees as they have a different proboscis, some need a flat open flower others a tube type flower. If you are lucky to have a bees nest, wow well done. They will not hurt you or your family and tend to fly off quite quickly. Butterflies are about too, they love Buddleia and sedums
Well only a short update but I will keep my website, facebook and the shop window up to date.
Please dont worry about gift vouchers, they will have a 6month valid date from the day I reopen but keep them safe as you will need to produce it. Courses have been frozen and will continue from the date I reopen.
Stay safe and healthy, love to you all
June is a lovely month to get outside and enjoy the long days. Stock up on vitamin D if you can by being outside. We are still in the tight grasp of covid-19 but we can get out for a walk to stretch our legs.
We will be able to reopen from the 6th July and many if you have been booking appointments which is lovely. I have had to put a few guidelines in place to make sure everything goes to plan and keeps us all safe.
1….I am limited to maximum of 4 customers per day as I have to ventilate the salon for an hour and deep clean between each client.
2… please use the hand sanitizer in the shop when you arrive
3… I will be wearing a mask. You don’t have to wear a mask but feel free to wear a mask and/or gloves but they will have to be removed during your massage or facial treatment.
4… I will contact you the day before to check that you have no Covid symptoms or have been in contact with people showing signs if Covid. I will also confirm my situation too.
5… please bring your own water as I am not allowed to offer you water in the salon
6… Gift vouchers will be valid until 31.01.21
Special Offer for June
The Prescriptive Massage with Express Facial £55
Perfect to get you feeling happy, healthy and ready to enjoy summer. It involves a full body massage, reflexology, energy balancing and an Express facial to rehydrate your complexion.
Summer Special Offer
Top to Toe £65
Guaranteed to leave you feeling on top of the World
As summer temperatures soar, so colours take on a more delicate, muted tone. Think hazy, lazy summer days by the beach and long lingering evenings sharing supper outside with friends and family.
The pace in summer is altogether more considered and the manic energy that spring brought with her has faded. Do we achieve less in summer, absolutely not but summer personalities are less inclined to jump up and down and tell the world constantly about their every move.
Often graceful, elegant and stylish, quality is key to the summer personality. With a strongly intuitive and romantic side, many summer businesses formed in the summer months, have strong links to the wedding industry.
Summer personalities are efficient, productive and well-organised. Detail is everything and they leave no stone unturned in their quest for perfection. They thrive on structure order and process, they dislike rapid change.
Summer personalities tend to be reserved in sharing their opinion, they are much more likely to observe a situation and hold back on their thoughts until asked. This can sometimes lead others to see them as a walk over. But don’t be fooled. They know their own, minds and are much more resilient than you give them credit for.
Summer personalities can sometimes lack spontaneityxwhich can be frustrating for others around them. They seldom show their emotions and their naturally reserved nature can be seen as stand-offish. Their drive for perfection can hold them back but they will always be realistic. They are supportive sensitive to feelings of others and have a strong sense of responsibility.
Colours….cool, delicate think english rose and lavender