February is the last month of winter, yes we can still have snow and very cold periods but we can also have those days when you feel the sun getting a little stronger. And the days are getting a little longer too…all positive!!
This month is an excellent time to get more active, begin your fitness & diet to get into shape for summer.. Body brushing is a wonderful way to wake your body up. Do it dry before your bath or shower then slather on body moisturiser afterwards to rehydrate. Drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins and you will begin to notice more energy and your skin will feel improved.
THERAPIES FOR FEBRUARY ARE…
There are still lots of coughs and colds about so think about having a lymphatic drainage massage or reflexology lymph drainage to keep your immune system in good health. Lymph is pumped around your body by your breath, movement and massage and is very important to fight off infections.
Hopi Ear Candle treatment or Sinus massage helps to keep your ears clear of excess wax which allows your sinuses to drain naturally.
Warm Bamboo massage or Hot Stone massage uses warmth to keep your muscles feeling relaxed and stretchy. Both are on offer throughout February.
SPECIAL OFFERS THIS MONTH
Warm Bamboo massage comes with reflexology to help ease any aches and pains you are feeling. The reflexology is excellent at boosting your energy and circulation, relaxing you so that you can enjoy everything this lovely month has to offer. Price £45
Hot Stone massage comes with an Express Facial. The batu stones are warmed in a water bath, it is a full body massage. Your muscles absorb the heat from the stones deeply, you can feel your muscles enjoying this massage. We have added a facial to hydrate your complexion. Cost £65
Aromatherapy for February
We recommend using Helpmeorganics “help me, I’m feeling under the weather” essential oil blend, room spray or candles in your home and workplace. They have blended organic essential oils of Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Lavender, Peppermint and Tangerine to help fight bacteria and viruses.
Fill bowls of water and add 3-4 drops (to suit you) and leave around your home. The soy candle is ideal to clear the smell of cooking in your kitchen and the room spray adds an antibacterial instant burst of fragrance to any room or in your car.
Give the Gift of Aromatherapy to someone special. Remember to arrange their treat, bring them along then maybe out for a coffee or dinner. That’s a proper gift to celebrate all things romantic.
SPECIAL DATES THIS MONTH
6th February is Time to Talk Day…Mental health is vital for our wellbeing so make time to talk to each properly without the Tv or mobile phone on
25th February is Pancake Day
20th February…the new £20 note comes into circulation so make sure you dont have any old ones lying around
21-28th February is Star Count Week. If you love the night sky as much as me, it is very important that we protect our dark skies. Enter your findings via their website https://www.cpre.org.uk/get-involved/take-action/star-count-2020/
See you in March xx
Winter is a beautiful time of year and one to definitely enjoy!! Yes the days can be shorter but its also a season for blankets, candles, movies, Christmas and being able to enjoy a lovely fresh walk.
This month, we celebrate our 25th birthday and I can’t believe it. 25 years ago I was nearing the end of my course and had to write a business plan, I always knew the name (Simply Relaxing) and I always knew that Holistic Therapies would be the key treatment. So my business was born.
In January 1995 i very nervously opened the doors to my shop and I do have to admit it took a time to attract my first customers. In 1995 having a regular massage was not deemed something that anyone could have as regular as having your hair cut, I am very proud to say that now having a massage, reflexology, reiki or facial is considered just as important as you have to look after yourself emotionally, physically and mentally . In 25 years this mindset has changed and I am so so very happy., how great that, hopefully, our children and grandchildren will continue to look after themselves inside and out.
Winter is a time for scent and we want you to fill your home with organic essential oils which smell beautiful but also keep you healthy. Have a look at Helpmeorganics website (www.helpmeorganics.com)
During the last 25years I have been very lucky to meet lots of wonderful people (and look forward to meeting even more in years to come). I have enjoyed hearing your news and that you have been interested in my news too, this has meant so much to me. So this Friday (6th December) come along and enjoy a glass of champagne to celebrate this brave leap of faith that I could make Simply Relaxing work. I do have to say that my business plan has been updated many times and is now my masterplan to take my business into a chapter where I take my foot ever so slightly off the pedal and enjoy lots of other things too.
I have always said that you have to have a balance and maybe its time that I get some balance too but I am definately 100% as passionate about Simply Relaxing and bringing more new therapies for you to enjoy even if only 3 days a week but lets see how things get set up. I will always put you first.
Please read through all the special offers and Christmas packages, we do still offer vouchers but I am trying to get you to arrange the treat too and maybe even bring them to the salon. A proper treat!!
The December special offer is all about boosting your immune system to help fight off coughs and colds. We use specialised manual lymphatic drainage massage techniques to pump your lymph around your body, releasing toxins as we go. It is a full body massage and we have added reflexology and an express facial to complete the treat, £55
Our Christmas Opening Times for the week running up to Christmas are available in the shop and are available on the “Christmas 2019” section on the website.
I would like to thank you for being the loveliest people I could meet, I am very lucky.
Here we are in August, just a couple of weeks to the August Bank holiday and it has been a gorgeous summer so far but Autumn is coming . When we have a change in the season, your body can take time to adjust due to the changes in daylight amounts, am I the only one who feels the nights are a little longer. But before we find our jumpers there is a hopeful chance of an “Indian Summer” to come with those fabulous cool mornings, hot days but nippy evenings, I love them!
So what can we do to help ease our body into the new season? There are many ways to gently boost your immunity,
- make sure you are eating lots of fresh foods, not processed, just good wholesome veg, fruits and fish/chicken
- start using essential oils in your home. try “help me, i’m feeling under the weather” blend from Helpmeorganics to provide a protective environment at home and work. With the children returning to school in the following few weeks, they can bring home coughs & colds as they adjust to school life again. We can return to full time lives after the fun of summer so take a tissue with you to work to place at your work area to fight off the office bugs.
- If you find the change in season causes a shift in your “happiness” level, Bach Flower remedy “Walnut” helps you to adjust to change, this added with using aromatherapy will protect you whilst you get used to Autumn.
- Getting outside as much as possible enjoying fresh air and daylight to get a good dose of Vitamin D, otherwise known as the “sunshine vitamin”.
- Enjoy holistic treatments, all will boost your serotonin levels, ease achy muscles and keep your sinuses clear. Reflexology is a brilliant therapy to create a balance within your body and on an emotional level too, it has been a beautiful summer so far and there can be a sadness that “it has gone now, just winter to come” feeling. Embrace Autumn, think hot chocolate, great piles of leaves, the fantastic colour show by the trees, all this is to be enjoyed.
- In Mindfullness, we are encouraged to enjoy the “here and now”, not to worry about the past or the future, it is a wonderful way to control your feelings. Simply get comfy, place your hands on your stomach and notice your breathing without the need to change anything, just allow your breathing to slow in its own pace, your mind will calm and you will feel relaxed. If you struggle with anxiety, try using “help me have a Mindful of calm” blend by Helpmeorganics. It is a blend of Frankincense, Lavender and Geranium essential oils and will help ease your thoughts.
- Make a mood board of all the things you enjoyed during summer and what you have planned for Autumn and Winter. Pack it full of all sorts, the fuller the better and the colourful the better so that on a cold frosty winters day, you will have your own patch of summer in your kitchen.
At Simply Relaxing, we are busy getting ready for Autumn, I love this time of year its so busy. To help you embrace Autumn, we have devised our special Autumnal Offer……
MALAY NAVAL CANDLING AND ABDOMINAL DETOX MASSAGE
Malay (Indonesian) Navel Candling & Abdomen Detox Therapy is an extremely effective treatment. This abdominal and navel therapy belongs to the oldest form of therapy within the traditional Malay Medicine. The aim is to work the entire body by combining different manual techniques such as Urut (massage) , herbs (applied externally) to abdomen, and navel candling in order to achieve a flow of Qi and blood along the meridians and organs and regulating them. By the help of this stimulation and regulation the functioning of the 4 elements (Malay organic system) is being restored
Traditional Malay Massage helps rid the body of excess ‘onion’ or wind helping to release negative energy. The abdomen houses vital organs and is a very important part of the body. The abdominal cavity comprises of the stomach, diaphragm, colon, small intestine, liver, pancreas, and gall bladder. The health of the abdomen lies with the stomach, the digestion process and reproductive organs.
- Abdominal massage is best for problems related to constipation.
- It promotes elimination, and secretion of hormones.
- It stimulates liver and gall-bladder.
- It strengthens weak and relaxed abdominal muscles.
- It breaks down adhesion’s.
- It helps in aligning the pelvic bones.
- It adjusts the uterus to its proper position in case of problems.
- It releases muscular armoring in the trunk and enhance circulation of blood and lymphatic fluids.
- It releases deep muscle tissue spasms in the entire abdominal area
- Abdomen massage produces heat, which melts adipose tissue or fat.
- It releases deep muscle tissue spasms in the entire abdominal area
- Abdomen massage produces heat, which melts adipose tissue or fat.
- General improvement in blood circulation benefits the blood vessels in the abdominal cavity.
- The liver, the gall-bladder, and the pancreas receive a large share of oxygen and nutrients and release their metabolic waste products.
- Abdomen massage helps open the abdominal cavity and release the fascia so the organs can lay unrestricted in their natural positions in the abdominal cavity.
- Can lift the spirits and increase the energy of the receiver by stimulating the nerve endings in the abdominal plexus
- Improves immune system & Metabolism
- Improves irregular menstruation & Pain
- Reduces Water Retention
- Helps in gastric problem
- Helps in Bloated Stomach
- Improve Blood pressure
- Helps Constipation
We have added reflexology to complete this immune boosting treatment, perfect to bring balance and a deep level of detox.
This year is going so fast, here we are in October, the month of Halloween! We have been very busy changing over our seasonal special to introduce our latest addition to the price list “help me, i’m feeling under the weather” massage, this is based on a Lymphatic drainage massage and features Helpmeorganics massage oil which compliments the massage. Lymphatic drainage helps to clear toxins, boosts your immune system ideal to fight coughs and colds and we can sculpt your body by clearing fluid trapped in your tissues. The Autumn offer costs £55 or you can include reflexology for the price of £70.
We always change over our essential oils range to include more immune boosting, warming and energising oils which help you enjoy Autumn and Winter, we find that you feel the benefits of using more Eucalyptus, TeaTree, Lavender, Ginger, Sweet Orange, Pine, Juniper and Marjoram oils than in the summer when the need for lighter scents. We also find that you prefer a different massage too from the spring/summer, during autumn and winter, you need more warming, soothing and hydrating treatments, spending time helping you to relax with the longer nights and shorter days. We adjust our treatments to focus more on mood boosting, soothing muscular aches * pains, rehydrating your complexion and exfoliating your body. More customers book in for a Seaweed bodywrap which cleanses toxins from your body and rehydrates your skin leaving it smooth and soft.
October sees the arrival of another new massage “help me, it’s way past my bedtime” which uses Lomilomi massage techniques and Helpmeorganics massage oil to lull you into a sleepy state ready for a good nights sleep. We focus on easing your thoughts, relaxing your muscles and soothing your nervous system. Just £55. This is ideal for when you are stressed or have problems sleeping as the combination of Melissa, Ginger, Eucalyptus and Lavender help us.
For anyone who prefers to spread their Christmas shopping out, we are delighted that our Christmas gifts have arrived in the shop, this year we have Facial care boxes, bath & shower care boxes, Foot & Hand baskets, Bath bombs, Goats milk crackers and lots more. Plus dont forget to buy your “help me get into the festive spirit” candle, Room spray or Aromatherapy Blend with essential oils of Sweet orange, Lemon, Fir Needle, Clove Bud and Ginger your home will be filled with the pure joy of Christmas and Winter time. This year we have a 300g candle which will look wonderful on your dining table, big enough to last the whole festive period or we have a 75g travel candle so that if you are visiting family, bring them some festive joy.
We are now taking bookings for Christmas and the diary is filling up rapidly, please have a read of our Christmas packages and treat yourself. This year Christmas Day is on a Monday so more than likely you will finish work on Friday 22nd December, we have devised a special collection for the @ChristmasWeekend, including Christmas Eve, what could be nicer than running round getting all presents delivered, food shopping in, house cleaned, then spend a couple of hours in the quiet of our salon. Last year customers brought their pyjamas so that their Christmas started there and then!!!
I began my training with Mindfullness this month and although it is just a foundation course, I am really enjoying it. I hope to continue my training next year so that I can bring to you the wonderment of Mindfullness . To beable to bring calm to yourself or a situation is achievable and I have noticed that situations that would normally have me flustered or stressed, I have been able to control. But I am still learning.
Now that we have entered autumn, fill bowls with water and pop 3-4 drops of “help me, i’m feeling under the weather” aromatherapy blend with organic essential oils of Eucalyptus, Lavender, Teatree, Peppermint and Tangerine which will protect you from the seasonal viruses. Just £10.50 for 10ml and they work, customers last year did not get colds, simply by bringing these fabulous oils into the rooms of their homes and workplaces. Place 2-3 drops on a tissue under a pillow to keep your sinuses free so that you can sleep well.
Dont forget our latest Helpmeorganics product, massage oils, they are blended with provide “homecare” for you to extend your treatment with us, please ask for help to find the best one for you.
Our Christmas Shopping Event this year celebrates Helpmeorganics 1st birthday, its been a busy year but we have loved it, to be able to bring all the recipes into life is truly wonderful. Please join us on Friday 1st December 5pm – 8pm or Saturday 2nd 10am – 1pm for the launch of Three new scents. Come and enjoy a glass of bubbly or a cup of tea/glass of water and a mince pie and enjoy a time to browse our gifts. Its always a fun event and this year extra special .
Next month we have highlighted the ever popular Hot Stone Massage as our offer, just £45. Perfect remedy for cold November days, the warmth from the batu stones radiates deep into your muscles and leaves you on cloud nine. We would recommend having a look at your diaries and getting yourself booked in to make sure this autumn and winter you can stay healthy and happy.
Have a lovely October, enjoy the most colourful time of the year, embrace the outdoors and make sure to include organic essential oils into your home. We are committed to being organic, ethical and in Helpmeorganics care, Vegan. Our values are very important to us and we are sure they are to you too!