The first signs of spring are enough to fill many of us with optimism and energy that is just the tonic after a long winter. Think trees laden with delicate blossom in pretty pastel tones, or fresh green shoots awakening from dormancy, filling us with hope and optimism for the year ahead. And just as the spring bulbs and plants burst through the barren winter with their promise of life and beautiful colours, so spring people light up a room with their expressiveness, their creativity and inspirational ideas But are you a “Spring” person…
The Spring Personality
The Spring personality is infectiously enthusiastic, incredibly bright and very people-focused. Spring personalities are big on fun, they are excellent communicators, good at thinking on their feet and brimming with ideas. Clarity, simplicity and transparency are all important to them.
Their challenge is to hold themselves back as they are prone to flit from one thing to another, never quite finishing off one project before starting another. They can be seen as flaky and a little unreliable but this is only as a result of their heads literally being full of ideas.
A Spring person loves circles, polka dots, busy patterns, fine lines and glossy textures. colourwise think primrose yellow or verdant lime green
AROMATHERAPY FOR SPRING
This season is for the delicate scents of nature. Fill your home with floral aromas of Helpmeorganics spring candle, “help me say hello to Spring” Enjoy a blend of Patchouli, Rose geranium, Pink Grapefruit and Lavender. Fresh clean scent to help you feel happy and energised yet calm and relaxed.
There are still plenty of coughs & colds around so use antibacterial & antiviral essential oils…try Helpmeorganics “help me, i’m feeling under the weather” essential oil blend in your home and workplace. 1 -2 drops on a tissue will help protect you & keep your sinuses clear.
TREATMENTS FOR SPRING
As we mention before, there are plenty of viruses about so making sure your lymphatic system is working efficiently is very important, by having a regular massage or reflexology will help increase your immunity.
Sinuses can become sluggish so consider having a Hopi Ear Candle to clear away congested wax, maybe combine it with the Sinus massage which includes reflexology lymph drainage too.
MOTHERS DAY 22ND MARCH 2020
We think Mothers (and maternal figures in our lives) are very super important to our health & wellbeing so its lovely to make a fuss of them. Why not book them in for a treatment, bring them along then afterwards take your mum for a coffee or a meal. We have lots of ideas on our website but maybe this one will be just what you are looking for:
- Holistic Facial with Jade rollers, natural face lift , masks and massage
- with Reflexology
- Cost £65
- includes a Helpmeorganics “help me say hello to Spring” soy candle
We can write your gift on a voucher with the day & time for her treat, the whole session will take 75 minutes and she will feel totally pampered
NEWS FROM THE SALON
The special offer for March is the Mongolian Koyashai Hot Milk Massage with Express Facial, just £45
This wonderful massage is based on Ayurvedic principles, this treatment would be carried out by women on women the eve of a wedding in Mongolia and would involve Yak milk, we use something far nicer! It is a very relaxing treatment which balances the “Chi” energy or in ayurvedic terms, the “wind” which flows around your body. The massage commences with the back, chickpea flour is used to exfoliate the back, then using hot milk to clean and hydrate, specific massage techniques ease away tension held deep in your muscles, warm coconut oil soothes and relaxes your back. Then once lying on your back, a cooling soothing eye massage relieves tension, clears away toxins, this is followed by a scalp and shoulder massage. Then it’s off to your feet when THE best foot massage using warmed oil to ease away tension and rebalance the “wind/energy”. It is important that we cool your eyes and warm your feet so that the energy can flow freely around your body. You will enjoy an Express Facial to rehydrate your complexion, perfect for March.
The word “Koyashai” means Sun and Moon.
February is the last month of winter, yes we can still have snow and very cold periods but we can also have those days when you feel the sun getting a little stronger. And the days are getting a little longer too…all positive!!
This month is an excellent time to get more active, begin your fitness & diet to get into shape for summer.. Body brushing is a wonderful way to wake your body up. Do it dry before your bath or shower then slather on body moisturiser afterwards to rehydrate. Drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins and you will begin to notice more energy and your skin will feel improved.
THERAPIES FOR FEBRUARY ARE…
There are still lots of coughs and colds about so think about having a lymphatic drainage massage or reflexology lymph drainage to keep your immune system in good health. Lymph is pumped around your body by your breath, movement and massage and is very important to fight off infections.
Hopi Ear Candle treatment or Sinus massage helps to keep your ears clear of excess wax which allows your sinuses to drain naturally.
Warm Bamboo massage or Hot Stone massage uses warmth to keep your muscles feeling relaxed and stretchy. Both are on offer throughout February.
SPECIAL OFFERS THIS MONTH
Warm Bamboo massage comes with reflexology to help ease any aches and pains you are feeling. The reflexology is excellent at boosting your energy and circulation, relaxing you so that you can enjoy everything this lovely month has to offer. Price £45
Hot Stone massage comes with an Express Facial. The batu stones are warmed in a water bath, it is a full body massage. Your muscles absorb the heat from the stones deeply, you can feel your muscles enjoying this massage. We have added a facial to hydrate your complexion. Cost £65
Aromatherapy for February
We recommend using Helpmeorganics “help me, I’m feeling under the weather” essential oil blend, room spray or candles in your home and workplace. They have blended organic essential oils of Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Lavender, Peppermint and Tangerine to help fight bacteria and viruses.
Fill bowls of water and add 3-4 drops (to suit you) and leave around your home. The soy candle is ideal to clear the smell of cooking in your kitchen and the room spray adds an antibacterial instant burst of fragrance to any room or in your car.
Give the Gift of Aromatherapy to someone special. Remember to arrange their treat, bring them along then maybe out for a coffee or dinner. That’s a proper gift to celebrate all things romantic.
SPECIAL DATES THIS MONTH
6th February is Time to Talk Day…Mental health is vital for our wellbeing so make time to talk to each properly without the Tv or mobile phone on
25th February is Pancake Day
20th February…the new £20 note comes into circulation so make sure you dont have any old ones lying around
21-28th February is Star Count Week. If you love the night sky as much as me, it is very important that we protect our dark skies. Enter your findings via their website https://www.cpre.org.uk/get-involved/take-action/star-count-2020/
See you in March xx
Everybody has emotions, some are very good at holding them close, hidden away. Others wear their feelings on their chests, very vulnerable to upset. But who is right??
Emotions can be happy, sad, frustrating, angry, jealous or on top of the World elated. People hold their emotional state in various ways. You can store worry in your stomachs, heads, chest, hormones, happiness tends to glow from your face (as does anger/frustration). By allowing your emotional state to ease slowly, I mean if you are worried, your stomach hurts, try placing your hands on your tum, close your eyes and breathe, the action of moving your abdomen helps to release the anxiety thus making you feel better, lighter.
If you have a headache, there may be many reasons but sometimes if you have been storing your emotion in your head or thinking things through they can cause a build up of pressure. In this case, try closing your eyes, concentrating on your breathing and try not to think of anything else but your breath. The sheer motion of transferring your thoughts to the in and out of your breath actually stops your mind from worrying/over thinking and on most occasions , your pressure will have released and a clearer mind will show.
I have known people to show their emotional state through their skin, acne, excema can (not always) be as a result of anxiety, it is therefore vital to find an outlet. Some people like to run then go into a jog as they relax, others take a long soak to unwind. Whatever it takes try to release your emotions, come to terms that we all struggle at times but holding it in will only make things worse at the end.
So how can Holistic therapy help?
Essential oils are ideal to help counteract today’s busy lifestyle and life’s pressures. Fill your home with the organic scent of aromatherapy, fill a bowl with water and drop 3-4 drops of a blend (we recommend Helpmeorganics Aromatherapy Blends), place your bowl in the hallway or landing so that the aroma gently diffuses around your house, relaxing, protecting or refreshing as they go. Synthetic fragrance may smell nice but have no therapeutic benefits, you need pure organic aromatherapy for this.
If you love having long soaks in the bath, set the scene. Light your candle (we recommend Helpmeorganics Soy Candles infused with organic essential oils), fill your bath then just before you step in, pour in your cup of milk infused with 2 drops of our aromatherapy blend. Spend your time inhaling the aroma. Afterwards apply our massage oils, pop on your pj’s and either watch a “easy watching programme”, read a good book or simply listen to some music. You will sleep better and be ready for the next day.
Treatment wise, massage therapy is ideal to help you switch off, most massage techniques mimic the ebb & flow of the sea to allow you to relax. By combining massage, soft lighting, gentle music and lovely aromas, we can help you to release any pressures. Sometimes if you have had an operation, emotions connected with the illness or operation can become stuck, by using Navel candles, we can release your emotional state. Reflexology is also brilliant at gently releasing any anxiety or upset within your body.
Give it a try, if you persistently struggle with headaches, IBS, PMS, skin outbreaks, we wholeheartedly recommend you embrace the wonderful world of aromatherapy.
Here we are in August, just a couple of weeks to the August Bank holiday and it has been a gorgeous summer so far but Autumn is coming . When we have a change in the season, your body can take time to adjust due to the changes in daylight amounts, am I the only one who feels the nights are a little longer. But before we find our jumpers there is a hopeful chance of an “Indian Summer” to come with those fabulous cool mornings, hot days but nippy evenings, I love them!
So what can we do to help ease our body into the new season? There are many ways to gently boost your immunity,
- make sure you are eating lots of fresh foods, not processed, just good wholesome veg, fruits and fish/chicken
- start using essential oils in your home. try “help me, i’m feeling under the weather” blend from Helpmeorganics to provide a protective environment at home and work. With the children returning to school in the following few weeks, they can bring home coughs & colds as they adjust to school life again. We can return to full time lives after the fun of summer so take a tissue with you to work to place at your work area to fight off the office bugs.
- If you find the change in season causes a shift in your “happiness” level, Bach Flower remedy “Walnut” helps you to adjust to change, this added with using aromatherapy will protect you whilst you get used to Autumn.
- Getting outside as much as possible enjoying fresh air and daylight to get a good dose of Vitamin D, otherwise known as the “sunshine vitamin”.
- Enjoy holistic treatments, all will boost your serotonin levels, ease achy muscles and keep your sinuses clear. Reflexology is a brilliant therapy to create a balance within your body and on an emotional level too, it has been a beautiful summer so far and there can be a sadness that “it has gone now, just winter to come” feeling. Embrace Autumn, think hot chocolate, great piles of leaves, the fantastic colour show by the trees, all this is to be enjoyed.
- In Mindfullness, we are encouraged to enjoy the “here and now”, not to worry about the past or the future, it is a wonderful way to control your feelings. Simply get comfy, place your hands on your stomach and notice your breathing without the need to change anything, just allow your breathing to slow in its own pace, your mind will calm and you will feel relaxed. If you struggle with anxiety, try using “help me have a Mindful of calm” blend by Helpmeorganics. It is a blend of Frankincense, Lavender and Geranium essential oils and will help ease your thoughts.
- Make a mood board of all the things you enjoyed during summer and what you have planned for Autumn and Winter. Pack it full of all sorts, the fuller the better and the colourful the better so that on a cold frosty winters day, you will have your own patch of summer in your kitchen.
At Simply Relaxing, we are busy getting ready for Autumn, I love this time of year its so busy. To help you embrace Autumn, we have devised our special Autumnal Offer……
MALAY NAVAL CANDLING AND ABDOMINAL DETOX MASSAGE
Malay (Indonesian) Navel Candling & Abdomen Detox Therapy is an extremely effective treatment. This abdominal and navel therapy belongs to the oldest form of therapy within the traditional Malay Medicine. The aim is to work the entire body by combining different manual techniques such as Urut (massage) , herbs (applied externally) to abdomen, and navel candling in order to achieve a flow of Qi and blood along the meridians and organs and regulating them. By the help of this stimulation and regulation the functioning of the 4 elements (Malay organic system) is being restored
Traditional Malay Massage helps rid the body of excess ‘onion’ or wind helping to release negative energy. The abdomen houses vital organs and is a very important part of the body. The abdominal cavity comprises of the stomach, diaphragm, colon, small intestine, liver, pancreas, and gall bladder. The health of the abdomen lies with the stomach, the digestion process and reproductive organs.
- Abdominal massage is best for problems related to constipation.
- It promotes elimination, and secretion of hormones.
- It stimulates liver and gall-bladder.
- It strengthens weak and relaxed abdominal muscles.
- It breaks down adhesion’s.
- It helps in aligning the pelvic bones.
- It adjusts the uterus to its proper position in case of problems.
- It releases muscular armoring in the trunk and enhance circulation of blood and lymphatic fluids.
- It releases deep muscle tissue spasms in the entire abdominal area
- Abdomen massage produces heat, which melts adipose tissue or fat.
- It releases deep muscle tissue spasms in the entire abdominal area
- Abdomen massage produces heat, which melts adipose tissue or fat.
- General improvement in blood circulation benefits the blood vessels in the abdominal cavity.
- The liver, the gall-bladder, and the pancreas receive a large share of oxygen and nutrients and release their metabolic waste products.
- Abdomen massage helps open the abdominal cavity and release the fascia so the organs can lay unrestricted in their natural positions in the abdominal cavity.
- Can lift the spirits and increase the energy of the receiver by stimulating the nerve endings in the abdominal plexus
- Improves immune system & Metabolism
- Improves irregular menstruation & Pain
- Reduces Water Retention
- Helps in gastric problem
- Helps in Bloated Stomach
- Improve Blood pressure
- Helps Constipation
We have added reflexology to complete this immune boosting treatment, perfect to bring balance and a deep level of detox.